Win 8 add or remove programs wont uninstall

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
When I try to uninstall a program I get this error message.

An error occurred while trying to uninstall Farcry 2. It may have already have been uninstalled. Would you like to remove farcry 2 from the program and features list.

I've had this message quite a few times trying to uninstall different programs yet sometimes it does work. I am able on some cases to just go and find a programs uninstall .exe but some programs dont have one like farcry 2 for some strange reason. Any help would be very much appreciated

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Good advice bro. I already downloaded revo before reading your reply. It works brilliantly. However I do want to get to the bottom of my windows 8 uninstaller issues

Rik H

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

I have a theory. Do you have MalwareBytes installed (or some other kind of anti malware software)? I think what happens sometimes is that a dodgy piece of malware gets installed (i.e. the program that you're trying to uninstall) and MalwareBytes removes it but doesn't uninstall it properly. So when you try to uninstall it, it can't because the malware has already been removed by MalwareBytes, leaving you with a program on your "Programs and Features" list that can't be removed. I may be way off base here but I did say it was just a theory.