Win 8 or 7 should I use on my netbook?

artiny

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Hy,
I have Lenovo S205 (11.6 "1366x768 display, AMD E350 1,6 GHZ DualCore,4GB ram ) netbook.
What would be the best for OS, Windows 8 or 7 ?(faster)

Solution
Windows 8 is a little less resource hogging, but 7 is a better OS for non touch screen devices. Constantly switching to that horrible metro interface is weird and doesn't flow right. They have some software out there that will replicate what windows 7 does though if you find the metro tiles to be a pain...my biggest issues with 8 is how they break down universal search results, you can't navigate through all the selections using just your keyboard, it forces you to use your mouse which really slows things down.
Windows 8 is a little less resource hogging, but 7 is a better OS for non touch screen devices. Constantly switching to that horrible metro interface is weird and doesn't flow right. They have some software out there that will replicate what windows 7 does though if you find the metro tiles to be a pain...my biggest issues with 8 is how they break down universal search results, you can't navigate through all the selections using just your keyboard, it forces you to use your mouse which really slows things down.

Solution