Win a $400 New Egg Gift Card or an Eee PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sucky contest, only usa. start catering to the rest of the world.

NoCaDrummer

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Wow! I was so excited until I read that I had to use IE8. Keep the money - it's far too little to compensate me for the headaches and heartaches.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Great contest! But, hmm... Why is there no confirmation at the end? Just click the DL link at the end and that's it? Nothing that says, "Thanks for entering!" or "You've been entered into the contest!" or anything like that? Odd... Oh well. I hope I'm in...

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]Great contest! But, hmm... Why is there no confirmation at the end? Just click the DL link at the end and that's it? Nothing that says, "Thanks for entering!" or "You've been entered into the contest!" or anything like that? Odd... Oh well. I hope I'm in...[/citation]
You've just given your soul

;)

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]Great contest! But, hmm... Why is there no confirmation at the end? Just click the DL link at the end and that's it? Nothing that says, "Thanks for entering!" or "You've been entered into the contest!" or anything like that? Odd... Oh well. I hope I'm in...[/citation]
Ditto.

But seriously, why make me download IE8 to enter the contest if I'm already using IE8?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Sounds like Microsoft paid the site to host this "contest" involving downloading IE8, in an attempt to increase IE marketshare even further.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
IE8 crashed on me no less than 4 times while trying to enter that contest. It just closed. No error. No nothing. What a piece of crap!

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]deuce271[/nom]Way to sell out Toms![/citation]

Seriously?

Maybe you haven't been paying attention the last two years. This place sold out long before this.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Wow, Tom's is hosting a way to possibly win a $400 newegg gift card or a netbook and your complaining because all you have to do is use IE8 for a few minutes, or until it crashes I suppose.

Tom's didn't sell out, if they did they would be endorsing IE8 not giving you a link to a contest.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Blood_Raven[/nom]Wow, Tom's is hosting a way to possibly win a $400 newegg gift card or a netbook and your complaining because all you have to do is use IE8 for a few minutes, or until it crashes I suppose.Tom's didn't sell out, if they did they would be endorsing IE8 not giving you a link to a contest.[/citation]
in fact, the whole contest targetted by the link you talk about is hosted on tomshardware.com ... does that ring a bell?

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]seboj[/nom]Sounds like Microsoft paid the site to host this "contest" involving downloading IE8, in an attempt to increase IE marketshare even further.[/citation]
Another victory for captain obvious :D

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
it didn't even seem like they care if you install it... i didn't see anything anywhere stating you actually had to install ie8... jane? is this accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS