Win a free copy of GTA V!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Greetings, PC gamers!

Grand Theft Auto V was just released for the PC and we're more excited than kids in a candy store! To celebrate the release we've all been eagerly awaiting, we're giving away three copies of the full game. THREE BRAND SPANKIN' NEW COPIES OF GTA V!

Entry is simple: Drop us a comment in this thread with your favorite GTA moments (story moments or just your own adventures) to be entered into a randomized drawing this Thursday (April 16th) at 12 P.M. EDT! It's that easy! The game will be gifted directly to the winners via Steam, but they will be contacted through the forums so make sure you stick around!

We'll be reading all of the comments, so try to make it entertaining ;)

Two friendly reminders for you guys!

• ■ We're a Steam curator now! Don't forget to join the group and follow us; we'll try to update it with more picks soon!
    ■ We've got a screenshot contest going on the forums. Join in on the fun and get a chance to win more stuff!

Who says we don't love you guys? :)

-Tom's Hardware Community Team

Updates:

Congrats to wildcard1978, lascombes, and Jeremy Davis for being the lucky winners!

In the interest of transparency, here is how the random selection was done:

• ■ Usernames were compiled into a list, totaling 216 entries.
    ■ Entries were placed into a list randomizer that randomly assigned each one a number.
    ■ The person who ended up as #1 was selected as the first winner.
    ■ This process was then repeated, after removing the name of the first winner.
    ■ The person who ended up as #1 in the second randomization was chosen as the second winner.
    ■ Process repeated for third winner.

CaseyVVV

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
My stories about GTA....I used to played it on my friends computer when it was still GTA 4 I try to play the story mode but it was too hard so I ran around the city doing some crazy stuff the next thing I know i was on 4 stars and every cops in the city was shooting at me choppers every where.(I was trying to get it to five stars but i can't remember did I actually got it)My friend sat next to me I control the game and he keeps typing in the cheats code to get rid of the cops and he kept on typing non stop because I was committing crime all the time shoot everyone I see it was a fun time.My friend counts the time I was wasted it was around 100 times with in an hour.

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
GTA 3 was hilariously fun. I don't know how many times I stood on the ledge of the police station either a) starting a full blown war with the police or b) typing in the cheat code for the tank over and over until the street was flooded with tanks and laughing hysterically at the mayhem they caused.

fonhop

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
It all began roughly fourteen years ago with the comparably exciting GTA 3 release on the PS2.. After a mere handful of hours worth of game play, I realized that video game related motion sickness is a REAL thing! I did vomit but I do wonder if I was just more excited than a kid in a candy store or if others had this same problem?

nefoley

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Gta 3 on ps2, first started me off. Then i got into playing San Andreas multiplayer online for pc and never stopped:) good luck everybody!!!

dubsanta

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Not a long reply but the best moment has to be in GTA 3...When you finally got all the cars for the garage in Shoreside. Another would be finding the banshee in the car showroom and smashing through the glass.

BlackLodgeGames

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
GTAV on PS3, riding the dune buggy and jumping on the train. The next 15 minutes were spent cruising around town, killing cops, getting full stars. Super fun!

rallye21

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
the first thing is coming to my head when i hear the words GTA is the memory of me playing GTA 2 in my first pc and i remember a mission that yakuza told you to bring a bus and go collect some tourists and then throw them on a big wall mounted chainsaw!! and i remember those guys screaming the hell out of them..thats all!! but i will never forget this moment

Rushnerd

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
GTA III and finding out about the Dodo plane with clipped wings, then finding out it can actually be flown, then ACTUALLY being able to keep it in the air. Blew me away at the time flying over the city, we have come far!

pifive

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
Never played GTA so all my friends are raving about it.. I dont have a story to share with you guys but if possible I win.. I will make sure I game with everyone here possible.

Syndicution

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
My best moment in GTA was actually in GTA 5 when I just got it on PS3 (Believe it or not, i bought a PS3 just to play GTA) My cousin and my friend and I were playing online when we wanted to do random stuff in the open world. We did the most random stuff you could imagine, driving off Mount Chiliad with cars and jumping out of the car while still in the air to king of the train (Istead of king of the hill) while chasing and shooting eachother to take over the train.
My best 5 hours of my life in gaming :D
(Sorry for grammar mistakes if there are any)

coxcamron

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I played the xbox 360 version a while back and simply enjoyed following people on foot and when they saw me and got suspicious i would spawn a bike and ride away. Driving in this game in phenomenal.

fszotyi

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
It was back in GTA vic city. It took me and one of my friend a whole night to get over the mini helicopter quest. He was controling the keyboard and I the mouse. Its was awesome fun. Good old days... :)

Daniel Mihaila

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Long story short:GTA:SA,mods+stunts epic moments..can't wait to do the same in GTA V..and lets not forget the ocasional prostitutes slaying :D,awsome car trips all around the map,and going to the strip club :D

Nikolay Velkov

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
----------------------------------------------------STORY TIME---------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto! The series of games that have been in my orbit since I was a mere child. To this date I am still rocking the complete pack on steam, cycling between the titles with the endurance & interest like in the ol' days.
Over the years I've had countless of entertaining moments in GTA, mostly from Vice City since that is my favourite game to date.

One of my best moments was when I discovered a glitch in Vice City. The glitch of the blown and drivable car!
I was messing around in Vice City until I decided that I had to leave my legacy in it, hence the glitch discovery :p

It goes like this: You pick a car with a driver, you stop it and enter it and just when Tommy is entering the car itself you quickly pause and type BIGBANG & ASPIRINE and go back in the game, this way Tommy continues to do his animation and successfully enters a completely blown up car which is drivable!

Other than that: Impossible stunts, building glitches, character glitches, vehicle glitches - you name it!

It was not until late 2010, the year I truly discovered GTA. It was when I joined the Vice City Multiplayer Community, from then onwards, it has been a crazy ride to date!

Kaperskypl

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
The best GTA moment for me is creation of SAMP. Before that I was shy anti-social kid who didn't talk to people quite freely. That mod changed everything, I've started to be open, social, optmist and stuff. It will be in my memory for end of my life :)

IVPeters

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Let's see, I've played nearly every GTA, so the best moments I can remember were in GTA IV Liberty city stories mostly involving getting drunk and falling down stairs with the Euphoria physics engine.
That and probably getting into head-on collisions and flying thru the windshield.

Jeremy Davis

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
ive played GTA since the very first one,them were the days,overhead views not knowing what streets to go down to find objectives lol it was a blast!!this game has come a LONG way since then and every time i fire up the newer additions its constant fun for hours(besides the trolls trying to ruin your experience like always).Would love to have a copy for the pc and see what it looks like and how it plays.GTA Fan for life!Thanks Rockstar and Thanks Toms Hardware for giving us a chance!

takeshi7

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
My favorite GTA moment is when I found out about the swing physics glitch in GTA 4. So much fun. I can't count the number of times I've used this to launch myself. It's like the warthog jump in Halo, but better.

Youtube example

Status
Not open for further replies.