Question Win server 2012 crash once per day, please help!

May 21, 2022
Hello all,

Our SQL server 2012 recently crashed once per day at 4-5am, there is no heavy task running at that time, can anyone help me to find out the issue? thank you.
My minidump file: [Moderator Note: deleted .rar file link.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
I have, for the moment, deleted the download link for the minidump file.

More information is needed about the SQL Servers' hardware and software specs.

Any recent updates or changes?

And specifically any errors, etc. being captured in the SQL Server Logs.

References:

SQL Server Logs

SQL Server Logs (Viewing)

SQL Logs - Management

Look for log errors being captured during the 4 - 5 am time frame.

However, also look for errors that may occur earlier and due to some bug, file corruption, and a long time-out may be causing the crash to happen after some delay.

The logs are the starting point.

The minidump file may prove useful at a later time if someone specifically knows the information will be helpful and requests the minidump file.

May 21, 2022
It seems like the reason of this is our server sleep/idle setting, i disabled the Net frame taks triggered on idle, changing sleep setting and no crash after 3 days.
Never happened before, anyone can help me to understand why would be very appreciate.

=========================================================
"I have, for the moment, deleted the download link for the minidump file. "
I dont think this is a good idea, some reason can be found directly from reading those file, like nvidia driver or some sort, and you just deleted it, never seen any mod doing this, although checking SQL log is one of the right way to do it.

=========================================================
"However, also look for errors that may occur earlier and due to some bug, file corruption, and a long time-out may be causing the crash to happen after some delay. "
This made sense, thanks.