Win TV descrambler

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
does anyone know where i could get a software descrambler for my hauppauge wintv card. i hear there are people descrambling cable tv signals in europe. but ntsc, which is used in the states is hard to do.

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz

G

You might wanna read this article from www.cnet.com
Posted January 26, 2001, 9:51 PM EST

DirectTV has just won the most recent battle with hackers who have used various methods to receive all of DirectTV's DSS satellite television channels unscrambled. DirectTV sent out pieces of code that appeared to be harmless and were required to receive new signals. Unwitting hackers applied the new code to their cards in order to keep them functioning. In the end, DirectTV sent out a final code piece that assembled the other pieces and disabled unauthorized cards that hackers were using to get free DirectTV service.

Aging "H" cards contained a flaw that allowed them to be reverse engineered, and thus DirectTV signals could be descrambled. The final piece of code that assembled the other updates placed the phrase "GAME OVER" in the first 8 bytes of the hacked cards, and supposedly caused permanent damage to the cards.

However, while the battle may be won, the war is certainly not over. Already people are trying to figure out ways of re-enabling the "damaged" cards. Check out the HackHU news page for updates. Read the full story at Slashdot.

mAv^i^ "Yet Life Goes On!"

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
my directv has no problems. still works and i get every damn channel fo free.

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz

TRENDING THREADS