Win XP - Logon problem

There are 5 users set up on our computer running Win XP
Home - suddenly, the computer won't let multiple users be
logged on at the same time. Now, a user must log off before
another user can log on. What's going on?

Hi,

Fast User switching is disabled. Control Panel/User accounts, click "change
the way users log on and off".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kat-a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are 5 users set up on our computer running Win XP
> Home - suddenly, the computer won't let multiple users be
> logged on at the same time. Now, a user must log off before
> another user can log on. What's going on?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I am having the same problem. After going into "Change The Way User Logs On
and Off" and selecting " "Use The Welcome Screen" and "Use Fast User
Switching" I select the "Apply Options" button and the screen closes. The
change does not take effect even after rebooting. I can select the two
option boxes, apply the changes and go right back into the settings screen
and the boxs are not checked. I've been searching Usergroups for help but to
no avail. I have Win XP sp2.

Thanks for any help !
Chuck

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Fast User switching is disabled. Control Panel/User accounts, click "change
> the way users log on and off".
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "kat-a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There are 5 users set up on our computer running Win XP
> > Home - suddenly, the computer won't let multiple users be
> > logged on at the same time. Now, a user must log off before
> > another user can log on. What's going on?

I neglected to menition I also recently enabled "Log On Automatically At
System Startup" using Tweak UI. I didn't care for the feature and disabled
it the following day. During this same time I have been reading a book on
inproving Win XP performance and making modifications to several settings
based on the books suggestions. That is why I was using Tweak UI in the
first place. The problem started a couple of days ago when I used the Tweak
UI tool.

When the "Select Logon And Logoff Options" appears on my screen my McAffee
Virus Program pops up with the following message..... " A Suspicious Script
Has Been Detected. The file MSHTA.exe contains suspicious scripting activity
and has been stopped.

Chuck

Chuck wrote:
> I am having the same problem. After going into "Change The Way User Logs
> On and Off" and selecting " "Use The Welcome Screen" and "Use Fast User
> Switching" I select the "Apply Options" button and the screen closes. The
> change does not take effect even after rebooting. ....

Chuck, how much RAM is installed on that system? Is that computer on a
network?

--

....Sky