I have a brand new laptop w/ Win XP sp1 installed. Just recently when either
person logs on Windows starts up and then stalls. The wallpaper is
displayed, but no icons. When I bring up the Task Manager and start a new
task (Exployer) everything works fine. Any suggestions.

1. Pres Ctrl+Alt+Delete
2. On the Task Manager (Applications Tab) Click New Task
3. In the run box that presents itself type the following
%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
4. This will launch The Windows restore system pick a date (shown in BOLD)
when the system was working and click next.
5. Your system will restore then reboot.

Andre