Win XP "Wireless connected" balloons

Win XP gives me a "Wireless connected" balloon on the taskbar whenever I
wake up my laptop. I'm pretty sure it happens when the screensaver is
running too (in this case the computer isn't hibernating or suspended).
I assume the balloon is raised whenever the wireless link is
disconnected and reconnected? This must mean that the link is broken
for some reason when I leave my laptop...

Is this normal?

Is there a way of turning off this balloon?

Is there a log file in the Linksys router showing connect /
disconnect?

Sam

--
SamCKayak

It is probably in Power saving mode, it goes to sleep to preserve the
battery. You can turn it off in the driver configuration.
System------device manager------network adapters-----select adapter and view
properties

"SamCKayak" <SamCKayak.1fic4a@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in
message news:SamCKayak.1fic4a@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...