[SOLVED] win10 bottleneck browsing speed ?

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I have some issues with my internet speed. I pay for 50mbps , and 5 upload speed. I got 50 on my router, but, 46 on pc , wire connection, very low download 2.0 and lagging on browsing. My isp provider check my line a lot, they found mistakes on my router. They gave me new, nothing change.
After found mistakes on my wire connection at home. They sent technician to check and fix problem. Technician didnt find anythng, problem goes on. He told me its software problem, and possibly i have to format my pc and reinstall windows.

You think is possible, win 10 create those problems . I will do format but, i ask .

Solution
I download a big file on my smartphone. The speed was normal. The same file on my pc, need 4 times more. So the problem i conclude is on the pc. Before, i will do format, do you have any idea what this cause it ?
Could be faulty settings, driver or NIC. Any one of those could be causing the problem. If the technician has performed proper troubleshooting, the network settings is probably already reset.
Still, open CMD from start menu as Admin. and execute the following commands and restart the machine...
ipconfig /release
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

If that doesn't fix the issue, go to your motherboard support page and reinstall the network driver. If the problem still persists, format the machine. If that...
Sometimes some Network settings in your Windows machine can get changed intentionally or unintentionally. Rather than trying to figure out what it is with hours of trial and error, it is recommended to format the machine to reset all settings. Most often than not it fixes the issue on OS part. If not, you have one variable out of the way.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis
Νice question. I connect only my mobile and my pc. I dont have another to check. I will do format , because i also want to install a faster ssd, and then i will tell you more.
When you reinstall Windows, make sure you only have the SSD connected and not any other drive. Windows has a tendency of parking the loader on secondary drives, if it finds any. If that happens, Windows wont work without the secondary drive.

Apr 26, 2021
I download a big file on my smartphone. The speed was normal. The same file on my pc, need 4 times more. So the problem i conclude is on the pc. Before, i will do format, do you have any idea what this cause it ?

Have you performed the driver and chipset updates? If you have used software such as Driver Booster for such updates, it may be due to this.

If possible, get the driver under the same model number from the manufacturer's site or from the motherboard manufacturer.
If you are sure that there is no problem in the wiring (I had a similar problem and the ISP could not find the source of the problem, said there was no problem with the cables. I fixed it by replacing the Ethernet cable) I think the problem may be caused by the driver or your motherboard ports.

Could be faulty settings, driver or NIC. Any one of those could be causing the problem. If the technician has performed proper troubleshooting, the network settings is probably already reset.
Still, open CMD from start menu as Admin. and execute the following commands and restart the machine...
ipconfig /release
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

If that doesn't fix the issue, go to your motherboard support page and reinstall the network driver. If the problem still persists, format the machine. If that fails to fix it, then the NIC could be bad.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I have some issues with my internet speed. I pay for 50mbps , and 5 upload speed. I got 50 on my router, but, 46 on pc , wire connection, very low download 2.0 and lagging on browsing. My isp provider check my line a lot, they found mistakes on my router. They gave me new, nothing change.
After found mistakes on my wire connection at home. They sent technician to check and fix problem. Technician didnt find anythng, problem goes on. He told me its software problem, and possibly i have to format my pc and reinstall windows.

You think is possible, win 10 create those problems . I will do format but, i ask .
Browsing speed problems are often a slow DNS resolve. Speedtest sites don't do a lot of DNS traffic. Browsing does.
Open a cmd.exe window and run ipconfig.exe /all then post the output.
I would then temporarily manually override the DNS settings for your PC with the google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

TRENDING THREADS