Question Win10 - Computer crashes very randomly..(Deadlock, I believe?)

BillLovesFishing

Honorable
Jan 15, 2015
Hi all and thanks for checking in. I'll list my rig below, but anyway. I'm experiencing random crashes on my PC here. I played World of Warcraft and now play Elder scrolls online. If I have either at full screen, the PC is stable. If they are windowed, they are not stable. I most often get crashes while using the mouse/keyboard in internet explorer/Chrome(tried both, lol). I've also had it crash while watching Disney+/Netflix. But the full screen games does seem to be randomly stable, I've left it on for 12+ hours to test. I will get crashes on desktop frequently. I've peeked at event viewer. Originally I was seeing a number of different critical errors/warnings. One being something about drivers - so I did a system restore hoping to fix the issues. While the driver error is no longer showing up. The deadlocking/ crashing Issue is still around, I have not installed any drivers yet though. When I crash, my screen goes black. PC stays on, as does mouse and keyboard. But they are unresponsive(num/ cap lock light stuck on off, no CTRL+ALT+DEL) and i've waited it out to see if it would do anything - always the hard restart. Again I believe this is Deadlock?..

As a starting point.. I see this error every time in Event Viewer. "Critical 4/25/2021 7:02:09 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)" with this comment: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Also a quick screen of my viewer log.. View: https://imgur.com/a/DamebPj

This is the prebuilt I bought off of best buy. I can pull up whatever is needed from here. I'm a little savy, but obviously well out of my depth. I have not tinkered with PC's since like 2006... So having said that, here's a bestbuy link to my specs ;) lol CLX SET Gaming Desktop AMD Ryzen 3 2300X 8GB Memory AMD Radeon RX 560 480GB Solid State Drive Black/RGB TGBSETRXE9700BM - Best Buy

Thank you so much for your time! This is very frustrating - troubleshooting on a random? timer.. Had a crash typing this out, lol.

EDIT: 4/27/21: I had roughly 48 hours of no crashes(I will get crashes even if it's in sleep mode). I had taken out my razer kraken headset on Sunday. Figured I would leave it unplugged as i had not experienced any crashes. Plugged them in this afternoon and watched the PC for a few minutes, seemed okay. Shortly after I went AFK. When i returned it had crashed. As I type this I have them unplugged again.. So far so good. I would also like to add this.. Most often, I experience this crash when I have an internet browser open, am typing and using the mouse logging a decent amount of actions.. Could there be some kind of stress on the USB ports? Just a thought, could be nothing!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS