Question Win10 constant blue screens

Mar 11, 2022
Bought brand new computer, put parts today, tried installing Win10 on it, but I am constantly getting different blue screens, both during installation and now afterwards.

I have ASUS TUF B550M E WIFI MOBO, Ryzen 5 5600, Kingston Fury 2x16GB 3600Mhz, GTX 970 and 2x1TB SSD 980 M2.

Page fault in non paged area, Driver overran stack buffer, System thread exception not handled, Driver IRQL not less or equal, error code 0xc0000098 are just some of them showing up.

Before I plugged all parts I did BIOS flash, afterwards I placed all parts together and made Win10 installation with Media Creation Tools. Windows installation started normally, I selected partition, language, all that jazz, but I got an error and it restarted it all. Then it got into various loops, either blue screen ones, or showing some error how things weren't installed properly and it needs to restart only to be shown same message again and again. After several restarts and installations, it finally managed to boot to windows. But then after few clicks it started showing blue screens again and restarting the machine.

When it comes to BIOS I turned off fast boot (or something like that) because I read it might help during installation. Other than that I just setted up date and time.
I also noticed that RAM speed is only 2400Mhz in BIOS, tried changing that to 3600Mhz, then returned back to default (2400). I read before about some XMP or something like that, related to RAM, but not really sure could that be the case?

Any idea what might be an issue here? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

thats my immediate reaction to different BSOD on clean install

is ram on motherboard QVL?
what ram is it? what are codes on side?

Mar 11, 2022
It's Kingston Fury Renegade, 2x16GB 3600Mhz, brand new. Will try it...

I tried removing one ram stick and tried with only one, switching it to different slots, but still same issues. And just now, while writting this, computer just shut down.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Colif

Win 11 Master
memtest won't identify the problem as the ram is fine, its just a question of whether MB can run it at any speed it doesn't cause errors in.

Intel CPU would be more likely to cope with ram not tested with CPU or MB but AMD CPU are more likely to throw errors at you.