Question Win10 hangs, not totally freeze.

May 3, 2021
Hello Everyone.

first of all, I have no clue which subforum I should submit this under, so please excuse me (and move it) if it's under the wrong sub.

I came here to ask as last resort. I got my brain hurt, I cant figure what's wrong by myself.

The issue Is my PC hangs, Explorer freezes (so as Task Manager) but discord kinda works, Firefox kinda works, but so slow. which needs a hard power reset.
It is random, couldn't find a pattern for it. used to be once every couple of days, but I got it 4 times yesterday.
Event Viewer shows me nothing but the kernel power outage. (maybe don't know where to look)
I even installed fresh windows, activated with my Microsoft account (I don't know how, I didn't buy win10 )
updated all drivers, flashed the latest BIOS, stopped using the USB hub I had. still, the issue happens.

sometimes when this issue happens I get a notification that Mumble disconnected, which means my wifi disconnects ?
I changed my router too (lol)

full specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)

A1: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GTZR
A2: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GTZRX
B1: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GTZR
B2: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GTZRX

Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 8G
Case: NZXT H510 Elite
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

It's too annoying That I don't know what's happening, PC is fairly new, around 6 months old.

I wish anyone can assist me, and help fix this issue.

EDIT: I just checked my motherboard settings, I had A-XMP overclock profile active, now it's not, I re-enabled it, let's see.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently working with on your motherboard? Might want to also see what the version for your OS is. Ideally you should be on version 20H2. Also, why do you have an X at the end of the two sticks of ram's SKU? Are they from two different kits? If so work with one kit and see if the issue persists.

May 3, 2021
Thank you Lutfij,

My BIOS ver: E7C37AMS.1E2 - BUILD: 04/09/2021
Windows is 20H2 build 19042.928
as for RAMs. yes, they are 2 different kits. couldn't find the exact same model when I tried to upgrade. that was at least a month before this issue showed up.