Apr 29, 2020
I was trying to install win10 on a clean SSD (Samsung evo 850), and the process was going as expected until the restart where you switch from the creation media drive to the drive windows is being installed on. I used the automatic repair tool in the creation media but it can't fix the problem, so I wiped the drive using diskpart and checked for corruption but nothing was found, attempted to install windows again but the problem persists. The creation media can sometimes find a win10 volume on the drive but attempting to access it results in nothing.

I have tried the same installer and setup with a completely different HDD but the same issue persists, leading me to believe it's not a faulty drive, and that data can be written and read from it, it just won't boot to windows.

I'm no BIOS expert so that's where the problem might be, but my SATA controls are enabled and set to ACHI, as well as secure and fast boot being enabled, and UEFI drivers being used first for booting.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm no BIOS expert so that's where the problem might be, but my SATA controls are enabled and set to ACHI, as well as secure and fast boot being enabled, and UEFI drivers being used first for booting.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advise specs on mother board and confirm you are install the 64 bit version of Windows 10. Is this the default setup? First, set the BIOS CSM and disabled secure boot. If the problem persists, try using a different USB; confirm you are using the MS Media Creation tool to create the install USB?

Apr 29, 2020
I tried with a clean install of the media but the problem persists. CHKDSK finds nothing wrong with the drive, and the windows repair tool can see a Windows 10 volume to repair on the drive it just can't be accessed when booting the drive.

it is the x64 version, the CSM is set to both legacy and UEFI, with UEFI drivers first. Secure boot is also off.