Question Win10 keeps restarting

l8braker

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
Just built a new PC with a 5950x, Asus B550-I MB and Samsung 980 Pro 2TB. I'm having serious issues where the PC will continually restart - it'll get past the BIOS screen and when Windows starts to load it'll restart again. This process repeats over and over. On a couple of instances, it would restart during Win installation from USB. I don't think it ever made it to the desktop.

I then decided to use my old SATA SSD with Win already on it (and uninstalled the 980). It seemed to be working fine for awhile - sometimes as long as 2-3 hours and other times, a couple of minutes before it starts its own loop. It'll bring up BIOS screen, start to load Win, go to Auto Repair, Diagnosing PC and then Recovery menu. After about a dozen restarts from Recovery, it'll sometimes make it to the desktop. However, if I Restart or Shut Down, about half the time it will run through the loop on the next start up. The only thing I changed in BIOS is set DOCP for the RAM (did not turn on PBO).

I've rebuilt this thing a couple of times already and RMA'd the first MB and 980 Pro. I'm using a 700w power supply, RAM and a 1080TI I know are good. Temps are good at 40*C.

Could it be the CPU? I checked all the pins and they are good. It's about the only thing I can think of that I haven't replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

l8braker

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
I have a Corsair SF750 (1 yr old) for my power supply and have the latest BIOS. Since Win10 Home was giving me so much trouble, I tried installing Win10 Pro from USB. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours (long enough to change my settings) and then it started happening again. It'll get past BIOS screen, Win start loading for a few seconds and then restart until it gets to the Recovery screen. A couple of times, it teases me by getting to the Desktop for a few minutes before it starts this loop again. I'm going to try and turn everything to its lowest settings to see (including turning DOCP off). Thanks for the suggestion and lemme know if you have more ideas before I throw this thing in the incinerator!