Question Win10 locked pdf download, non admin user

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Win 10 locked pdf download- first time for this- other download( data copied) files saved as pdf don't get locked on non admin user.

Have attempted to view file thru Command as admin, also trying to figure out how to open a locked file as non admin user.

Thank you

This is probably due to a problem with the file itself.

Have you tried to download a fresh copy of the file or asked the sender/source for access to an unlocked version? Windows doesn't just lock .pdf file downloads. It's likely a setting for the document itself or a corrupt file. That, or there is a problem with the file and it is compromised, so your anti-virus/malware program is not allowing it to be opened.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Have you tried to download a fresh copy of the file or asked the sender/source for access to an unlocked version? Windows doesn't just lock .pdf file downloads. It's likely a setting for the document itself or a corrupt file. That, or there is a problem with the file and it is compromised, so your anti-virus/malware program is not allowing it to be opened.
Have been trying to determine if win10 the issue. Will try msg owners techies since there maybe a problem with there new system files.

Also don't see a trophy to mark your reply with. Thank you for the response

Also don't see a trophy to mark your reply with.

Are you sure? You don't see one to the left above the up/down vote arrows?

Like this, that I've outlined and pointed to with an arrow? That's not next to my post on your screen? If you DON'T see it, I'd like to know, or if it wasn't there before and now it is, because we've been trying to figure out why people are not selecting Best Answers on a lot of threads and if they are not seeing the trophy when they should, then that would explain why.

ose32s.jpg

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Been digging thru my issue. It appears to be a win10 issue as the non admin user permissions checked shows a PDF download is possible.

Can PDF download file in MS Edge, not with chrome and not with TOR browser; win10 says no permissions to modify... The file is being downloaded to a Hdd directory that I've allocated for the downloads.

I've run sfc/scannow, in case there was a corruption causing the issue.
At the moment out of ideas.

I don't have problems downloading PDF files on any browser, on any of my five machines, so either something is borked with your Windows installation, something is borked in your browser permissions or something is wrong with the file you are trying to download.

Are you not able to download ANY .pdf files, or just THIS particular .pdf file?

On a side note, as I mentioned earlier, can you verify for me whether or not you can actually SEE the trophy to the left of each post, right above the up/downvote arrows? This is kind of important as I'm trying to determine if new members are unable to see the trophy in which case they can't select a BA on any threads that they might be participating on?

Your feedback on that would be appreciated. Thanks.