[SOLVED] Win10 Partition, In Over My Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

chebert.apmechanic

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
So I bought a 2TB SSD hybrid and installed it in my PC which also has two other HDD drives, one 1TB and one 500Gb.
I installed and purchased Easeus to change my partitions and move Win10 over to the SSD but while trying to understand the system I set the new SSD partition as a primary one.

This, for whatever reason, broke everything.

The HDD no longer boots Win10 and gives a blue screen error. So I went ahead and installed Windows on the SSD and changed boot order. I can view all of the files in the old HDD's but I cannot access my user documents in the HDD that had the old Win10, it says I don't have permission (working on that). I can see all of the old program files but they appear to not be installed on this second copy of Windows somehow. I'm currently rewriting all of the permissions to see if that works but I can't be sure.

Is there any way to clean this up and get my stuff back? I only paid for one key for Easeus (which is installed in a copy of Windows that I can't access) so I'll need to call them and see if they'll give me another one if there's no other option.

Partitions:
https://ibb.co/dQM4hrh

Solution
1. You did not need to purchase EaseUS. There are other, free tools, that would do this.

2. You've somehow completely screwed up the clone process. And the original drive. And the OS on the SSD.

Time to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS (and all your applications) on this new drive.
Disconnect ALL drives except the one you want the OS on.
Install - How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

chebert.apmechanic

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
Sadly I've tried that route and the repair can't be performed none of the available options work from the USB boot so I'll just say goodbye to the programs and replace them.

I could still use some help looking over my partitions / advice to organize or fix them I just feel like I messed something up here other than the small partitions I can't seem to get rid of

USAFRet

Titan
1. You did not need to purchase EaseUS. There are other, free tools, that would do this.

2. You've somehow completely screwed up the clone process. And the original drive. And the OS on the SSD.

Time to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS (and all your applications) on this new drive.
Disconnect ALL drives except the one you want the OS on.
Install - How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.