Question Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.

bakory

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
Long story short, since yesterday the pc is taking like 3-5 minutes to restart or to shutdown, everything is up to date, i even updated windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 to see if this fixed the issue but the problem is still there, booting is fine. i already tried several times with the sfc /scannow and the different dism /online /cleanup-image commands, also tried disabling and enabling again fast startup in the registry, the only thing i remember doing yesterday was checking the adata toolbox, then i clicked in system optimization, then os optimization then apply, i already went back and clicked restore to see if this was the issue, sometimes the shutdown or the restart screen disapears to a blackscreen with the cursor i can move, eventually after a few minutes it shutdown or restart.

Other things i have done: test both ram, removed my other 3 hdd, moved the pagefile back to the ssd, test in safeboot. Also ran windows performance recorder: Shutdown, but i dont know what to look in the analyzer.

Win10
ryzen3 2200g
8gb of ram
geforce 1070 sc
adata su800 ssd 128gb
3 hdd.

edit: confirmed, if i click during the shutdown/restart screen circle loop thing i get a black background and i can move the pointer around.

bakory

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
malware scan?
check cpu/gpu temp?
make and model of the psu?

Both windows defender and malwarebyte found nothing, temps are fine, cpu and gpu rarely go over 60º while gaming. i believe the psu is EVGA 500w BT 80+ bronze.

Games and everything else work fine, i ran the boot repair in windows and found no issue.