Win10 Sound Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Ashworth

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hi all,

I wanted to have windows 10 and keep win7 so decided to make a partition for Windows 10 and duel boot, all was good except no matter what I tried I could get absolutely no sound whatsoever.

After a couple of weeks I got sick of trying and decided to format the Windows 10 partition and risk it and just do the upgrade from Windows 7 which seemed to work, all of my hardware now worked and the sound has been just fine, it's even working right now, however every now and then the sound just randomly stops and the only way to fix it is to reboot the PC and power off the monitor for a few minutes and then switch everything back on.

As you can imagine this is less than desirable, especially considering I would eventually prefer to go back to duel booting win10 and win7 as I do like a lot of the features of Windows 10, but prefer to play my games on Windows 7.

I have got all of the latest drivers and have tried switching to the generic win10 sound drivers I've found being advised while looking through similar posts elsewhere on the internet. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great because its just a complete pain especially when I'm doing uni work and have to completely reboot everything so I can here my lecturers audio notes :(

just in case you need it my specs are:

CPU - AMD A8-5600k 3.6ghz
GPU - AMD XFX R7870 2GB DDR5
PSU - CORSAIR CX500M
RAM - 16GB DDR3
MOBO - GIGABYTE F2A85X - UP4
HDD - 2X 1 TB SAMSUNG and 400GB SAMSUNG

Solution
Try installing Windows 7 first, then performing a clean installation of Windows 10 (NOT an upgrade) on another partition. Running an upgraded Windows 10 and its original OS on the same drive sometimes causes issues, especially when the old OS is installed last.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Try installing Windows 7 first, then performing a clean installation of Windows 10 (NOT an upgrade) on another partition. Running an upgraded Windows 10 and its original OS on the same drive sometimes causes issues, especially when the old OS is installed last.

Solution

Adam Ashworth

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Urgghhh I guess I'm going to have to do this.... thanks for posting though I was really hoping to avoid all this messing around, this upgrade was supposed to be easy :D was really hoping it would just work and the only other thing I'd have to do is make a partition for my win7 at my convenience.

Thanks again dude

Status
Not open for further replies.