Question Win10 stuck in failed to install loop, How can I fix it?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance.. I was given a Hystou FMP 07 N3160 mini fanless pc, 2gig ram , 32gig ssd, When i start it up Win 10 gets 10sec in before saying" win10 failed to install press enter to restart" and just loops .. I've tried installing win 7, 10 and even Ubuntu via usb but even after changing boot order it still just loops failed to install win 10... please help

So regardless what you try and install via USB, you always get the Windows 10 failed to install error?

Where did you get the USB to install windows? Be advised 32gb is the bare minimum for Widows 10 and will quickly need more storage space with use. If you don't want to upgrade I would go with Windows 7.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
So regardless what you try and install via USB, you always get the Windows 10 failed to install error?

Where did you get the USB to install windows? Be advised 32gb is the bare minimum for Widows 10 and will quickly need more storage space with use. If you don't want to upgrade I would go with Windows 7.

Yep, no mater what i do it boots into win 10 loop ..I downloaded win 10&7 iso files and i used rufas and win7 usb tools to make bootable usb's and linuxlive to download & create ubuntu usb from my desk top.. My intention was to install Win 7 but i would be happy if it would just boot up

There is the possibility your USB's are corrupted using rufus, make sure you follow this link https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ There are two things to try. 1) press f12 when booting up, which should get you to the one time booting menu.

As a last resort, if your PC won't boot from the install USB, I dealt with a person that disconnected their hard drive, which forced a boot from a USB. If this works, and USB does start to boot, then plug in the hard drive as the USB is booting and the USB will hopefully recognize the hdd and start the install process.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
I've had to use EasUs partition master to fix a couple of my usb drives after using rufas, Im going to try booting without the ssd, I'm hoping that might actually work

I would also suggest you use EaseUS to format your ssd. What likely occurred is there was a partial install of Win10 to a point where there was a reboot. Win10 tends to ignore any install media once it has loaded all the files on the drive, expecting it was simply left plugged in as a result of the install, and can not finish the instal if it reboots from the USB and starts the install process again. If you remove the primary partition from the ssd, than reinstall the partition, make it active and format it, you will be starting from scratch and perhaps your PC will recognize your USB installer.

Last edited: