[SOLVED] Win10 update > connection to local server freezes after restart

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

We have a small office network setup here. There's about 7-8+ users connected. We have older machines (2012, core2duo, ddr3, etc), and an older server. I believe the server is also 2012. Our PCs have upgraded to windows 10. and we've had several updates of course. One of these updates have caused this issue. Whenever we restart one of our computers, and we get back to our desktop, the connection to a specific drive on that server crashes. The only fix we have right now, is to unplug the network cable, restart the computer, leave the ethernet cable unplugged, right click on that drive, disconnect, restart, plug in the network cable, and remap that drive.

The only fix so far is to manually disconnect from that drive before we restart our computers (and of course, remap the computer to that drive once it boots up). However, I'd like to find a fix for this (I scoured google and came up empty) so that we don't have to deal with this issue every single time. It's a painful process considering how old and slow these computers are while we're trying to work.

I know ultimately, these computers need to be removed and we need to upgrade our computers. However, I've expressed the need to do that and it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. If anyone has any idea on what I can try please let me know. Thank you!

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010