[SOLVED] Win10 Xbox App download Cache location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Hi

I have a strange issue where i tried downloading GoW4 last night, though didn't finish before shutting down. Booting backup today the app seems to have forgotten i was mid download and is asking to install again from scratch.

I was hoping simply running the install again would pickup where it left off from the downloaded Cache files. 2 issues...
  1. As windows has allocated the space already i dont have enough space to pass the 'Harddrive space check' (133GB, so 266GB total...)
  2. the cache appears hidden, i ran WinDirStat but the 133GB doesn't show up :(. In fact this program shows my harddrive size as now 133gb smaller... little over 300GB, where my computer shows it as 463GB
Any way to clear the Cache or other ideas?

Last edited:

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
resolved! i'll leave the treadup for future searchers.

It is caused by poor microsoft programming of Win10/Xbox app. Doesn't seem to check for installing files or have a file integrity checker.
Solution: clear enough space to install the program twice (266GB in my case....) It wont use this much spaces, but lets you pass the checker. If your hard drive is smaller than this i dont see another option than to reinstall Windows...

Microsoft should address this.

Status
Not open for further replies.