Question Win11 n' webcam redux

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I awarded a trophy too soon, for my Win11 n' webcam question. When I originally got my webcam working again. At that time, I had not finished upgrading to Win11. I finished upgrading to Win11 but, the webcam won't work again. I should never done the upgrade. I have the Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam. It has a built-in driver that is probably being blocked by Win11. Any help would be appreciated.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
well, the other question didn't mention webcam.

So was it working before your update broke?

if driver worked in win 10 it should work in win 11, they didn't change driver model.
it should work with win 11 - https://www.elevenforum.com/t/webcam-c920s-pro-hd-capture-software.5365/
It was working before I started the Win11 upgrade. Then, At one point. I was able to get the video of the webcam working again, even though I hadn't finished the upgrade to Win11. I went ahead, and finished the Win11 installation with the given link. But, The webcam is not providing video. The audio is fine, but the video isn't working. I know the completion of the installation of Win11. Messed with the driver for the video.

I looked at my Windows Update History. It says that Win11 was 'successfully' installed back in March. But it wasn't completely successful It fouled up the camera's video driver then. I manage to fix it. What I did to 'originally' fix it, I don't remember. I did install four Win11 updates, yesterday. But that wasn't the cause of the camera video problem.

Last edited:

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022

TRENDING THREADS