Win2K automatic reboot

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I've purchased a new hard drive and i'm trying to install
Windows 2000 on it. The setup starts normal, I choose
the partition I want to set it up on, then the NTFS
format but sometimes during the format or during the
actual setup my computer will reboot automatically. The
most progress it has made is 50% through the installation
but still it keeps rebooting automatically. Any idea
what this might be related to?

Sounds like a hardware issue, check www.microsoft.com/hcl, review your bios
settings, and run hardware diagnostics.

--