Win2k Bluescreen Error

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
I noticed the other day after reboot that I had a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bluescreen error right before the login screen pops up for windows. I paid it no mind, as it was the first time I had seen it. I just rebooted as asked and thought nothing of it.

This morning after I backed up my PC (very lucky I did so!), I got the same error message I got the other day, so I figure I'll reboot. I did and I keep getting the message. I tried booting with last best known config/profile. No dice. I removed each individual stick of RAM but still no clue why my PC won't load windows fully. Here is the exact message I get:

STOP 0x0000001E (0xC0000005,0xEB53470B,0x000000000,0x00000000C)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

And then some instructions. There is no file indicated, even though it tells me something about removing a file indicated. Here are my system specs as well just in case somebody has an clue what I can do:

-1.67 GHz AMD Athlon XP 2000+
-Asus A7V266-E Mobo with latest VIA 4 in 1 Drivers
-1 Stick of Kingston 256 MB PC2100 DDR RAM
-1 Stick of Crucial 512 MB PC2100 DDR RAM
-1 Western Digital 80 GB ATA 100 HDD
-1 Western Digital 40 GB ATA 100 HDD (this is my root C drive)
-Gainward GEFORCE 4 Ti4600 128 MB DDR RAM GPU Card with latest Detonators from the nVidia site (41.xx)
-Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX sound card with latest Drivers
-Tekram SCSI Interface Card
-3com 3C905C (i think) 10/100 NIC
-12/24 GB IBM DAT TAPE BACKUP Drive
-Lite-On 48/24/48 CD-R/W Drive
-Sony 12x DVD-ROM Drive
-Sony floppy disc drive
-Logitech Cordless Optical Keyboard/Mouse Combo with latest Drivers
-Windows 2000 Professional SP3 with all the latest security patches and updates.

If anybody needs any more info, please let me know. I was thinking if I had to reinstall, I'd put XP on there instead.

dinoX aka BlackDog

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
ok I'm back with a little bit more information. I took out all my cards 1 by 1 and let it reboot each time. So far so good, since I'm back on my own PC and not my little sisters PC. The only thing I have yet to put back in is the 256 MB stick of DDR. I will probably try that in a minute here.

But has anybody ever heard of the error message I had? If so please let me know what it was pointing to in the parenthesees (the hex code).

Oh well. I hate to have to take all my cards out and put them back in again. :(

dinoX aka BlackDog<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dinoX on 01/12/03 12:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
If you think its your ram acting up, and i have seen those K_mode BSOD's refer to ram problems, you should download and run MEMTEST86 on each stick of ram, see if there are any problems.
If nothing shows up, also rum MEMTEST86 with both sticks installed just to be certain.

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">http://www.btvillarin.com</A> is another site i frequent, and it has good links to windows troubleshooting pages (i dont have the exact links on me im afraid)

They also have a forum filled with people smarter and more helpful than I LOL.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>