win2k & esc k7s5a

G

I can not install win 2k om my new k7s5a motherboard. It needs some kind of ide controler driver. win 98, linux is tryed and is operating fine but not win 2k. anyboby having any sulutions ???????

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Make sure your using quality RAM and then use an 80-wire conductor cable (not 40-wire) for your CD-ROM and try installing Win2k.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
not running any of your drives off a raid controller are you?
does the k7s5a have onboard raid ability?

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.

G

R U saying that you cannot install win 2k on raid?

i have the A7V133 board. my HDD is connected to the ATA100/RAID controllers. i have not been able to install win2k. is this the reason why?
if this is the reason, then can i connect the HDD to one of the other controllers until win 2k is installed then install the drivers and then move the HDD back to the ATA100/RAID controllers?

Monty

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
um, i don't know about onboard raids, but wouldn't they function the same way as a controller card? meaning you hit F6 during the w2k setup and install the drivers for the onboard raid there. then the hdd will be recognized by w2k setup.

G

i guess i did not catch that hit F6 to install drivers for RAID.
guess i will have to try again. i really want to do give 2k a shot. Me is better than 98, but still not great.

thanx
Monty

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yep...
it actually says during the start of win2k setup to press f6 if you need to install third party raid drivers.

and winME sucks.
its just win98 SE2.
still based on 16bit code.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.