None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Dear all,

I have a win2000 server which installed Terminal Services,
and now i am going to reinstall the server .
Should I need to export the licensing before reinstall?

I afraid that i cannot activate if i missing some procedure .
Anyone can give me some advice about reinstall Win2000
and Terminal service CALS?

Ray Alie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I assume that this server also runs the TS Licensing Service?
If you do a complete re-installation of the OS of the server, you
will have to phone the Clearinghouse to get your licenses re-
issued.

291795 - HOW TO: Locate a Phone Number for the Microsoft
Clearinghouse
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291795

From Microsofts Terminal Services FAQ at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/termin
al/terminal_faq.asp

<quote>
Q. How do I move my licenses from one licensing server to another?

A. You should back up your Terminal Services licensing server
regularly by using the Windows Backup tool or similar. This will
help protect your licensing data from accidental loss if your
system experiences hardware or storage failure.

When backing up a Terminal Server License Server, back up both the
System State data and the folder in which the Terminal Server
License Server is installed. This ensures that data in both the
registry and the Terminal Services licensing server database is
backed up.

If you restore the System State data and the database to the
original Terminal Services licensing server computer, any unissued
licenses are restored correctly as long as you have not replaced
the operating system on the computer. Otherwise any unissued
licenses are not restored and an event will appear in the system
log providing the unissued count. You can still restore the
unissued licenses by using the TS License Manager tool with the
Telephone activation mechanism, and requesting the licenses back.
You can switch to the Telephone mechanism by right clicking on the
server in TS License Manager, and selecting properties from the
menu.
</quote>

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"None" <none@none.com> wrote on 12 sep 2005 in