--------------------------------
From: Craig Hall

-----------------------
Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

<Id>GPejr+gzJEicWOTTQZjKNw==</Id>

In news:OWzCulySEHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Craig Hall via AdminLife <anonymous@adminlife.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> When we logon at work we normally are prompted for UserId, Password,
> and Domain... with the domain being already filled in.
>
> One of my colleagues was trying to set up his broadband access at
> home for his work laptop. Something in the instructions caused him
> to change whis domain to WORKGROUP, and now that he's back at the
> office, his logon screen no longer presents him with the option to
> specify a Domain.
>
> To top it all off, he no longer has ADMIN authority on his own
> machine.
>
> Is there anything we can do (I'm thinking a registry hack) without
> getting our not-so-helpful helpdesk to send someone up with a true
> super administrator id to fix this mess?

Someone with administrative rights on his computer, with the username and
password of someone that has domain rights to join the computer to the
domain will have to do it.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Unfortunately your not-so-helpful helpdesk has the keys to
get in to the workstation and the knowlege to recover his
lost profile.