Win2K Logout problem

G

I am new to posting on these boards but I have been reading them for a short while now. This is my first post here.

The question I have is, I have Win2K Pro and have setup my family with individual accounts. The problem is, while they can login to the account they are not able to logout, I have to reset the computer to get out. Even using ctrl+alt+delete and selecting shutdown does not work, it is like it is disabled. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? As the administrator I have no problems loging out, it is just the other accounts.

Tim

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
There's no Log Off so and so on the start menu for them? There are also some securtiy policies that deal with this i'll list in a second.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Goto run command and do a secpol.msc and see if there's anything matching your problem in account policies and local policies.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

G

The only thing I found that might create a problem was the "Shut down the System" in Users Rights assignment. The problem though is that it was set so that everyone could shut it down.

TRENDING THREADS