win7 bootable device "no device drivers were found"

David Silva

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hey guys..

I own a Toshiba Satellite L855D and i been having this issue while i try to install the Windows 7 64 bits.

Basically this laptop cd/dvd drive is messed up, if i put a CD in there i can hear it spinning but it doesnt read nothing at all, so i was trying to do an installation via USB bootable device.

The problem i have right now is that when i go to install the windows on it i get this message saying "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

The USB2.0 port of this laptop doesnt seem to respond so im guessing that one is also busted, so my only chance is to go with USB3.0, i already checked the BIOS and Legacy USB is enabled, i still cant get past this step.

I also tried to make a Win7 iso and use this Win7-USB3.0-Creator which adds the USB3.0 drivers to the windows bootable installation and i still get this same error.

My Sata mode selection by default is: AHCI.

Any idea of what else can i try here?

Best regards.

David Silva

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I believe its legacy.

If could get the drivers from Toshiba what should i do with them? Is there a way to manually input them inside the win7 bootable USB?