Question win7 crashing at installation

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
So basically i want to install win7 on one of my systems, i got 3, 1 laptop and 2 desktops, every time i try to install win 7 it keeps crashing, tried different ISOs, tried also on the 3 devices, could be using flashdrive USB be the problem ?

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
what are these 3 pc/laptop spec?
from your other thread. they are new windows 11 system. win7 probably don't have driver support for them
1st system: i5 9400f, asus phoenix gtx 1660oc, mixed dual channel ram 16gigs,asus b360m-k mb.
2nd system: i3 9100f, gigabyte gtx 980,8gb ram + 4gb ram, asus h310
3rd system: lenovo flex 14 5, i3 11th gen 4gb ram
so not having drivers explains the crashing ? but i know many systems run high end specs with win7.

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
what do you mean by "crashing"? can you be more specific? how far does the installer make it? does it give any errors?

can you screenshot the last screen you get before it stops working?
Sorry but i meant freezing, on the desktops it does make it to language option and then freeze, on the laptop it does freeze at win7 logo startup, cant send screenshots right now, ill try tommorow.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
so it installs fully but at the language screen you can't use the keyboard or mouse??

that is the normal thing that happens when trying to install win 7 onto new hardware. it's easy to fix.

you have to update your win 7 install disk with new drivers so it can use your mouse and keyboard at this screen. then it finishes normally.

grab this tool and run it with a raw win 7 iso. make a copy of your iso so you can keep a fresh untouched copy as this process will make it not install on older hardware. plus if it messes up, then you can try again.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

it take a long time to finish so start it and go to bed.

IMPORTANT: just because it will allow you to now install win 7 does not mean you can get drivers for everything for win 7. you need to do your homework and be sure you can get mobo drivers plus any other part you are using for win 7. the absolute brand new mobo's for both intel and amd do not have them for the chipsets and never will. but if you are using a couple gen older parts, you should be able to track them down.

it can take a lot of work to find them at times so if you are not comfortable going feature to feature one at a time to track down drivers, then you will not get it all working.

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
so it installs fully but at the language screen you can't use the keyboard or mouse??

that is the normal thing that happens when trying to install win 7 onto new hardware. it's easy to fix.

you have to update your win 7 install disk with new drivers so it can use your mouse and keyboard at this screen. then it finishes normally.

grab this tool and run it with a raw win 7 iso. make a copy of your iso so you can keep a fresh untouched copy as this process will make it not install on older hardware. plus if it messes up, then you can try again.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

it take a long time to finish so start it and go to bed.

IMPORTANT: just because it will allow you to now install win 7 does not mean you can get drivers for everything for win 7. you need to do your homework and be sure you can get mobo drivers plus any other part you are using for win 7. the absolute brand new mobo's for both intel and amd do not have them for the chipsets and never will. but if you are using a couple gen older parts, you should be able to track them down.

it can take a lot of work to find them at times so if you are not comfortable going feature to feature one at a time to track down drivers, then you will not get it all working.
Thanks for you response, ive already seen the same solution by you on another thread, btw does this apply to the laptop too ? since it crashes when win7 logo shows up, looks like im gonna give up on the laptop.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
should apply to any new hardware. i've used it on laptops, pre-builts and custom systems the last few years.

hasn't failed me yet

you should also find a tool t download a fresh iso from ms servers if you have found my explanation in other threads :)

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
Last edited:

Ak32

Commendable
Apr 28, 2021
no idea why you got that. i just downloaded it again and scanned it with no issues. unzipped it and ran the exe and still no hits from AV software.

the fact that it is using DSIM might be what is triggering the alert.
Which AV are you using ? im using Bitdefender currently, could it be false detection?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
just using the built in defender.

my guess is it is a false positive considering it uses some heavy duty system services which can be used for many bad things. never had anyone else come back and say this and i've recommended it many many times over the last few years.