Win7 install no ssd shown but is shown in BIOS and diskpart? UEFI, BIos

piiixel

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Lenovo Yoga SSD not recognized on windows 7 pro x64 install; but ssd seen in bios(uefi)
20cd-00almz sn:MP051 CPR

preinstalled with windows 8 pro
steps performed:
Installed windows 7 and installed all the drivers, allthougt i installed it without deleteing the old version( windows 8.1) so it created the windows .old folder

I wanted to get rid of the Windows.old, so i tried to reinstall Windows 7 but it did not work, it asked for the drivers to be installed
which I installed but the Sata AHCI driver which is compatible which i got from lenovo could not be installed

BUT

diskpart works in the Windows PE env.( in the installation routine and the ssd is shown in the bios/uefi as well)
I changed the bios settings too (uefi+legacy support
and csm support enabled

I use this for buyiness i work in IT

Please help me thank you in advance

Solution
UEFI is a secure form of the bios. What I suspect is happening is that when you installed it to the ssd on what ever motherbd, you basically tied that install to that hardware. The new hardware and OS are seeing that it is not the correct setup and blocking the boot.

Try turning off secure boot in the bios. You may even need to enable legacy mode too but this may require you to reinstall 8

popatim

Titan
UEFI is a secure form of the bios. What I suspect is happening is that when you installed it to the ssd on what ever motherbd, you basically tied that install to that hardware. The new hardware and OS are seeing that it is not the correct setup and blocking the boot.

Try turning off secure boot in the bios. You may even need to enable legacy mode too but this may require you to reinstall 8

Solution