Win7 Reinstalling help

meikaina

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
A long prologue.
My HDD died on me as i was playing my game. So i took another HDD to reinstall win7 via USB (downloaded win7 legally, used my key).
But i was getting BSOD, so i thought it was a bad HDD since it was my cousin's (they had similar BSOD with it as well). Idk ,maybe it wasn't the HDD.

So, i got another HDD (3rd) and tried to install win7 there again. But during installation i got the BSOD right near the end, so installation was incomplete/corrupted. so i can't boot up as it would crash near "please wait" near the end of boot-up.
Meanwhile my 2nd HDD which i already installed win7 just gave me a "please wait" message at the ned of the boot (before loading desktop), FOREVER. Stuck there.

I wanted to reinstall win7 again on either HDD but i can't seem to use my USB as a win7 CD anymore. I got "Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry" error.

Now i just used my window vista 32 bit CD that i own and installed that on my third HDD. It's what im using now. Still BSOD occuring every now and then (maybe the real problem is updates/drivers).

So question is, what's going on. PC can't recognize the USB-win7 CD?
Is the USB a one-time usage? or if a HDD already have an OS installed it wont work? I tried reformatting both HDD but still cant get win7 to install.
I had a CD for it but lost it, i used the product key sticker on the side when i used the USB.

*Im not concerned about BSOD at the moment, as i believe i'll be able to fix that.
Any help or theories would be appreciated. I've had problems one after another.

Solution
The usb has corrupt data. It happens. It is not a one time use thing, like a cd it's there. See if they will let you redownload onto something else, or wipe the usb & try it there.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Select the drive you want to use. Disconnect all other HDD. Use a formatted HDD. With one drive connected you should be able to install to it. The sticker is probably from an OEM install? The BSOD may be memory issues or some other hardware. If you over clock, set everything to default in the bios before installing. Also you will need your mother board install cd. Use it for the board drivers and the chip set utility. Once windows is installed update it 100% until there are no more important and recommended updates. Once windows is 100% current install the latest video and other drivers you need. Then start your software installs.

meikaina

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
Thanks, idk how my usb got corrupted but i just formatted it and put the iso to the usb again. Installed on a fresh formatted HDD and it worked.
Also no BSOD so far hurray lol, still gotta get all my updates and drivers.