WIN7 virus

alanchakhin

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Bad luck. Got a virus and CMD.exe keep popping out.
I suspect it was due to a .jpg file in the temporary internet file of IE
I've downloaded 4 different anti-virus softwares and trojan remover but none of them is useful.
All the helping site on the internet is dealing with WIN XP, what should I do for my WIN 7...?

daysyang

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
get a antivirus software(avast, ms security essential, etc...) only use 1 av or it will slow down your system, malwarebytes, and rkill... boot into windows safe mode with networking, run rkill first, install your software/update, run scans.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

you should be able to scan in safemode. Press f8 at startup. Run your antivirus scan and stop using IE. Find another browser

th3parasit3

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Reinstall your OS.

You may spend 6-20 hours trying to remove the thing... running three different scans, blowing up your registry, trying to fix it and it might just pop up again because you missed a file.

You never know what those malware programs leave behind... even when you think you cleaned it all up.

Try Hirens BootCD... load up the mini-Windows. Save your important files to a external drive. DO NOT USE SAFE MODE FOR DATA RECOVERY.

Start making monthly back ups of your computer using the Windows imaging software or use EASEUS Todo (freeware @CNET).

If you do any web browsing that... well may be you shouldn't go to that site... then create a bootable USB with Ubuntu on it and save your primary OS from such abuse.

[edit]

Before you wipe out your previous OS... try using Magic Jelly Bean to recover your software keys. Try it in safemode with networking (so you can download it).