[SOLVED] Win7/Win10 Dual Boot issue

Dec 10, 2019
Hey all,
I recently tried installing Win7 on my Win10 PC to create a dual boot but when I got into Win7, it doesn't seems to recognise any of my hardware. Not even the USB will work. I tried a few things to try and fix this but with no luck. The Intel website said 'Intel HD Graphics 610' doesn't support Win7, so does that mean I have to give up trying or is there a way around this. I want to play The Sims 2 again but it doesn't work on Win10 anymore.

Solution
Windows 7 doesn't have native support for usb3. Will need to download and transfer the drivers over to the Win7 drive via usb using usb1.1 / 2 slot. Or just transfer lan driver somehow so you can get on the internet and download the rest later.

Drivers here;

Lan
Chipset
Usb3
Sata
Vga
Audio

Should be good to go after those are installed. Good luck.
Windows 7 is old, It doesn't have all the drivers for newer hardware and newer versions of Windows update required to connect to the Windows update servers to download the required drivers and software to make your system function properly.

Is your system a user built or prebuilt? If it's a prebuilt system from Dell or HP or some other brand, what is the model of the system? You probably won't find Windows 7 drivers on the manufacturers website, but you can post the system model number here and I or someoen else can help you find the correct drivers required for Windows 7 if they exist.

Assuming you still have a functioning Windows 10 installation, switch back to that to download the setup file for CPU-Z and then run that program to get the motherboard model from the motherboard tab and post it in a reply. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Windows 7 doesn't have native support for usb3. Will need to download and transfer the drivers over to the Win7 drive via usb using usb1.1 / 2 slot. Or just transfer lan driver somehow so you can get on the internet and download the rest later.

Drivers here;

Lan
Chipset
Usb3
Sata
Vga
Audio

Should be good to go after those are installed. Good luck.

Solution