[SOLVED] Win7 x64 Not Reading Blu-Ray Discs

DocOliver

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2012
Hey all. Not sure if this is a OS issue or an issue with my drive, but thought that I would start here. (Relevant system specs: Win7 Home Premium x64, LG WH16NS40 BD drive).

I've recently begun backing-up my Blu-ray collection to my desktop. I have gone through dozens of my movies and TV shows with no issues. However, I have now run into a problem with one particular disc (Heroes, Season 3 Disc 2). I had no issues with the four other discs in the set, but my computer/BD drive seems to be unable to read this one. I have checked that the disc is clean and undamaged, and it works flawlessly in the player connected to my TV. I have tried several times, but the computer consistently fails to recognize a disc when I load it into the drive.

I have the latest drivers installed for my hardware, and have flashed the firmware to the newest version, and no change. I have searched for anyone else having the same problem, but haven't been able to find anything like this particular issue. Any thoughts?

DocOliver

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2012
If you pull it My Computer, can you see the files on the disc, or is that not working either? What decoder are you using?
I've been using MakeMKV to to decode, and it has been working really well for all of my other discs (including the 4 other discs in this set). The E: drive (BD drive) does not show up at all in My Computer with this disc loaded, so I can assume that it's not a problem with MakeMKV.