Win7 x64 - Sound 'freezing' every boot

Sappo569

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hello!

Hopefully I can find an answer here

Just did a clean install of Win7 X64 on my system, previously had Vista.

Everything is great. Fast, better gaming etc.

However the sound is making me lose my hair!

Specifically upon a boot anything I try to do with sound, play a video, game, even mute/unmute the sound in the mixer causes that application to freeze and have to be ctrl+alt+deleted.

Sometimes after a boot I can play a game right away, sound is working. Other times it just hangs on the initial loading screen because it cannot initialize the sound module I think.

The tricky part, I am using Logitech G930 headphones (USB), and have nothing plugged into my onboard sound card or the PCI-E Creative X-FI Extreme soundcard.

I have disabled the built in NVIDIA HD audio and the Creative card, only leaving the G930 plugged in as the sound device.

All drivers are loaded fresh.

Is it a compatiblity issue with the G930 and Win7? Perhaps the software is not loading properly.

pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
have you tried using the soundcard?

Try updating your drivers, it might help, not too sure about the rest.

oh wait i saw you said all drivers are loaded fresh. Is that from a disc? or did you do it via the net?

hmm... im sorry but i dunno what else to say, i guess this will just bumpt he thread if anything.

Sappo569

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

No, I do everything from the headphones.

Yea I went through all the sound related drivers last night... the lasted and greatest are installed