$WIN_NT$.~BT data error when installing XP

During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
following error:

---
An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
---

It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.

Ideas?

Thanks.

--
comiller
comiller's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=932

"comiller" <comiller.1ml57y@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
> following error:
>
> ---
> An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...
>
> Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
> ---
>
> It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
> when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
> directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> comiller

Try cleaning the CD or replacing the CDROM drive.

Kerry

Cyclic redundancy check = bad CD. Get a replacement.

Contact the Microsoft Order Desk to order replacement media from Microsoft.

In the United States, contact the Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
(800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Pacific Time

In Canada, contact the Canadian Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
(800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Pacific Time

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"comiller" wrote:

| During an XP upgrade installation (from Win 2000 Pro) I'm getting the
| following error:
|
| ---
| An error occurred copying file flpdisk.sys to $WIN_NT$.~BT...
|
| Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
| ---
|
| It gives me the option or skipping the installation of the file and
| when I do, another error comes up for another file in a similar
| directory. I don't want to keep skipping files so I exited setup.
|
| Ideas?
|
| Thanks.
|

| --
| comiller