Winamp volume control changes Audigy 2 Wave volume

xagent

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Before with my Aureal Vortex 2, I would set the volume at max and the Wave thing at max too, then control the volume with my speakers volume knob and the Winamp volume control.

Now I installed the Audigy 2, and Creative replaced the old volume control with it's own, and now whenever I change the volume in Winamp, it changes the entire Wave output volume, so all my other computer noises get softer and louder.

How do I fix this? So I can leave the Wave slider at a set thing in the Creative/Windows volume control panel, but let me change Winamp's independently. And no, it's not because I'm using the wave output setting in Winamp to play mp3's, it was at that same setting before with my vortex 2 soundcard.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
you are mistaken, the winamp volume control has always changed the windows wave sound level.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

svol

Champion
Mine neither... and I have a SB Live! with Win2k.
However on my other PC with Win98 and a ALS4000 soundcard Winamp does change the wave volume.

Strange strange strange.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
just had a thought, in winamp, tell it to play through the directx device. maybe thats what the other two have too.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!