Winamp won't launch! Side by side configuration error, sxstrace.exe log included!

MaazS

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hi all! Sorry if this is the incorrect section, I dunno where to put this.
I noticed a while ago that my headset pairing utility could no longer run due to an error about my side by side configuration and something about sxstrace.exe. I ignored it since I could do it on another PC, but now Winamp won't work after I installed it. Anyways, I didn't include the exact error because it doesn't really share much.

People say it has to do with the C++ redistributable packages. I have x86 and x64 versions of 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015 installed.

In Winamp's VC90 CRT file, it says something about version "9.0.30729.6161", so I installed that. Still won't work.

Here's my sxstrace.exe log!

Please help! Thanks!

Solution
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IT WORKS.
Windows updated and it told me that I need to install features for some programs.
If anyone else has this issue, it says it installed .NET framework 2.0 and 3.0, and it might have been 3.5 too not sure.

MaazS

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IT WORKS.
Windows updated and it told me that I need to install features for some programs.
If anyone else has this issue, it says it installed .NET framework 2.0 and 3.0, and it might have been 3.5 too not sure.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS