Question Window 10 desktop not responding

Jun 3, 2019
  • I found this thread, but not solution, so plz help me
Hello, I'm currently experiencing issues with the responsive desktop screen on my Dell n5050 laptop, the issues I encounter is that the icons, taskbar, etc, , they do not work, but my mouse does, I can't do anything to open and close programs but if I enter ALT, CTRL, DELETE, and open up task manager, they all work perfectly fine, can anyone help me ? Thank you!

I assume you updated your laptop from Windows 7. When did this problem start? Can you boot up your computer? Does your computer work for a while and then freeze, or does it freeze right away? Have you made any modifications like adding memory or a new hard drive? When you open up Task Manager, how much CPU is being used?

Also try a cold boot. Unplug your AC adapter, remove your battery, and press the power button for 10 seconds. Wait 10 minutes, install your battery, plug in your AC adapter if necessary and press the power button to boot.

Reactions: Munir 1319
Jun 3, 2019
Yesterday I updated win 7 to 10. I used it approx twenty minute, then I increase scaling in resolution to 120%, then I restarted my PC. It starts but at desktop it not respond to any click, neither taskbar nor desktop app. Although I can open up task manager by alt,ctrl delete button. When I move my cursor to taskbar it changes to loading cursor.
I did not make any modifications. CPU usage is 3 to 5%

Okay, boot your computer and press F8 at the flash screen. If f8 doesn't work boot to the sign in screen, press the button n the lower left corner to restart while holding the shift key and go to Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup settings). This will give you a menu and choose "Enable low resolution video (640 x 480)". Your computer should boot normally but at a low resolution. You can now increase your resolution to the default 1366X768 and scaling to the default and leave it there.. :)

You may also want to check your bios ver. With Windows Ten it should probably be A05. http://pcrepairaugustaga.com/dell-inspiron-n5050-windows-10/

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS