Window 10 Won't Boot after adding all 4 RAM in slots (Same kit)

Sep 6, 2018
Hello! I have an Asus ROG Maximus X Hero with I7-8700k and 32 GB Ram F4-3200-C16Q-32HTZR which shows up on the QVL list.

Here's the fun part. I can boot up with 2 out of the 4 sticks (all new). I have determined they all work individually. The manual recommends Dim A2 and Dim B2 but I am able to get it to work and read correctly in BIOS with A1 and A2 in those slots. It shows 16 GB and was able to install the OS this way (W10).

I kept running into issues with the first set of RAM I had which was not on the QVL list so I returned it after I was able to install the OS at least to make sure everything else worked. It plays games flawlessly and is good otherwise.

I have a feeling it's a bad MOBO but before I had to break down the system for that RMA, I'd like to see if there were any possible solutions that I haven't tried or could try.

Here's where I am at:

1. At first, the new RAM didn't work with 32 GB. It would give a BIOS error of 55 on my MOBO. I put in the 2 sticks only, turned on XMP and was able to get the other 2 to work. HOWEVER, it would freeze before asking for my pin for login or freeze at the desktop. On my widget, it shows CPU usage was at an all time high of 100% but if I boot with 2 sticks, it doesn't show this.

When I changed the XMP setting to on, it corrected the RAM to 3200, timing 18-18-38 and 1.35v.

I'm at a loss for the reason for the high CPU usage with all 4 sticks. Is there a setting I could adjust in either the BIOS or W10 that could fix that? I'm not against reinstalling the OS if worst case but I would really hate if it's a h/w issue and freezes up on the reinstall.

I hope I provided enough details. Asus tech support was not helpful at all. :(