Window 7 installation

RaymondWKS

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Hi all

I’m new comer of Tom’s Hardware, please help!

About 3 weeks ago, Micorsoft downloaded some files and upgraded to my XP system. The system then could not function after the computer rebooted. I attempted to reinstall the XP software to the computer in order to rescue it. Unfortunately it did not work.

I recently bought a new HD of 1-TB storage space using XP Professional software to format it.

The Window 7 is used to be installed to the new HD that is replaced the old HD; the old HD was removed from the computer.

However the Window 7 has come across the installation problems.

Info: an unexpected I/O error has occurred.

The motherboard of existing computer is ASRock G31M-S and the HD is SATA: SM-WDC WD10EZ.

Now, it has 2 components connected to the existing motherboard (1G of RAM); DVD ROM and 1-TB HD.

With thanks and please help!!!

Solution
#1 You can't run Windows 7 on 1 GB ram, and you shouldn't try XP with 1GB either
#2 You should be using Windows 7 to wipe and install on the drive not XP

You should have (bare min) 4GB Mem on the board, use the Win 7 to delete the TB then reinstall again. This is a LEGAL from MS copy of Win7 right?
#1 You can't run Windows 7 on 1 GB ram, and you shouldn't try XP with 1GB either
#2 You should be using Windows 7 to wipe and install on the drive not XP

You should have (bare min) 4GB Mem on the board, use the Win 7 to delete the TB then reinstall again. This is a LEGAL from MS copy of Win7 right?

Solution

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
1gv ram is sufficient for win 7 and more than enough for xp....try using different win 7(if it is pirated) or call MS support for further help.....also try your old hdd if it can install, might be a problem on your new hdd