[SOLVED] Window 7 won't recognize my WD SN750 M.2 PCIE SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2020
I'm using ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura which support PCIE M.2 SSD
i can see in Bios it read the drive but when i load into window 7 OS, OS doesn't detect or recognize the SSD
what should i do to resolve the issue?

Solution
I agree. Windows 7 is dead, and you need to leave it like a flea jumping off a dead dog. There is ZERO security, stability or other Microsoft support for that OS for consumers anymore AND hardware manufacturers are not going to continue supplying Windows 7 drivers, and mostly haven't been for two years already.

There comes a point where old things, whether we are very comfortable with them or not because we've been with them for a while, have to be abandoned to the past and move on to the present. There is literally ZERO reasons to be clinging to Windows 7 anymore. Well, very few anyhow. I have encountered a VERY FEW older systems that actually WOULD run on Windows 7, but won't on Windows 10, because of hardware requirements, but...
Sep 17, 2020
You probably need to partition the drive and assign a drive letter using disk management.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/248980/how-to-partition-and-format-your-hard-drive-in-windows.html

You can also use a third party partition management tool like Paragon partition manager, which is free.
i went into partition manger its not even displaying for me to patition to assign a drive letter.
thats why i need help to have window 7 to at least recognize the drive before i can partition...

Sep 17, 2020
Are you trying to install Windows on this drive, or use it for secondary storage?
im not trying to installed window to the ssd, i wanna use it for secondary storage.
i see bios recognize the drive, but in window platform, i cannot see anything for me to partition. Do you know how to make it recognize for me to partition into secondary drive?

I agree. Windows 7 is dead, and you need to leave it like a flea jumping off a dead dog. There is ZERO security, stability or other Microsoft support for that OS for consumers anymore AND hardware manufacturers are not going to continue supplying Windows 7 drivers, and mostly haven't been for two years already.

There comes a point where old things, whether we are very comfortable with them or not because we've been with them for a while, have to be abandoned to the past and move on to the present. There is literally ZERO reasons to be clinging to Windows 7 anymore. Well, very few anyhow. I have encountered a VERY FEW older systems that actually WOULD run on Windows 7, but won't on Windows 10, because of hardware requirements, but those systems are so old that they themselves should be abandoned as well other than as something for offline use for software that won't run on newer systems or as a link to some old nostalgia.

If you have hardware that will run on Windows 10, then that is what you should be on. It's still free to upgrade, the process is not difficult and there are MANY benefits to doing so such as retaining driver support not only for current and future hardware but BETTER driver support through an improved framework, much better security, an antivirus/malware solution that rivals the best paid scanners and utilities out there (So save a few bucks if you are paying for those), support for current and future software applications that are NOT being developed with backwards compatibility for Windows 7 anymore, the ability to still get (Now, and supposedly, forever) security and quality of life updates for Windows itself and not last NOR least, much better support for the latest gaming technologies including applications and utilities for recording, streaming and even playing.

I liked my old wallet too, but it was worn out, stinky, broke down, faded, barely held on to things anymore, falling apart, and I had to move on to a new one that actually did what it was supposed to do. Windows 7 is much the same now, and it is only going to get worse. I imagine, at some point, Microsoft WILL actually end the ability to upgrade for free, so that is another reason to do it now while you still can because later it's going to likely be at least a hundred dollar hit to your wallet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.