Window 8.1 recovery disk wont recover on new SSD

erox1622

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
So I just upgraded my Samsung dp700A3d all in one's 5400 stock hard drive to a 500 gb SSD. I'm having so much more trouble than I need to recover windows. Apparently theres loads of BS that goes on with the 8.1 specific upgrade (exactly my luck) and I cannot for the life of me get anything to work. I cleaned the drive before in the bios trying out someone elses advice on the matter and now nothing comes up at all on the boot order screen I'm unsure if that has anything to do with it. But I tried creating a DVD which didn't get past the bios. I've now used my external hard drive and a separate flash drive both done with the "create a recovery drive" prompt done and every time nothing works at all and I get a message when I try to recover in the boot screen saying "A required partition is missing" yet they are both recovery partitions.

Solution

The fact that you are getting that error means that you did not follow the instructions, rather just made the media. The instructions are on the bottom, already opened for you.

You need to clean install, NOT recover, and make sure to use the advanced settings to make a new install partition after deleting all partitions.

erox1622

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

Thank you for your help, but I've tried that both disk and the usb

The fact that you are getting that error means that you did not follow the instructions, rather just made the media. The instructions are on the bottom, already opened for you.

You need to clean install, NOT recover, and make sure to use the advanced settings to make a new install partition after deleting all partitions.

Solution

erox1622

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

thank you very much