Window 8.1 triggers LOW MEMORY alert despite using only half of total avaliable memeory

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Hello,

I have problems with windows 8.1 64 bit

My system has 16GB of DDR3 memory installed yet when actual used memory is reaching 8GB my system starts to spew out "This application is about to run out of memory" errors and causes my applications to crash.

I open task manager and go to the tab that shows resources usage.

I navigate to memory and the situation described above happens the stats are as below:

Memory in Use ~8GB, memory available ~8GB
Declared memory 16GB/16GB

For some reason, even if my whole system is currently using only 8GB of memory, Windows decides to declare whole 16GB of my memory and when declared memory reaches its limit it starts displaying errors.

Is there any way to force windows to not declare that much memory when in real im using only half of what it declares? Like When actual in use memory is 8GB then system will declare 10GB?

Also i have pagefile disabled because im using SSDs.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

I re-enabled virtual memory, 8GB of it. The issue still remains.

As soon as OS hits 8GB of used ram while there is still 8GB left (out of total 16GB avaliable) OS still triggers LOW MEMORY alarm just because its declared memory (16GB+8GB) 24GB reaches max of 24GB. Its exactly same as before when i didnt enable virtual memory at all.

So my question still remains, why windows is ignoring remaining 8GB or ram that is left available and why is it declaring so much memory?