Question Window artifacts when using windows basic or classic theme on extra monitors

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Hi,

So basically this has been a recurring problem for a while now, i stopped it from happening by switching to AERO and leaving it on aero but this has caused dwm.exe to have high cpu usage and I only have a Pentium g3258 which doesn't really have alot of juice with it only being 2 cores and all..

Anyway so when i switch to windows basic or classic for extra performance when i click off something for example, minimize it may show a picture of the window and this will go if i open something over the top of it and close it, when opening a fullscreen application for example and having Spotify on the second monitor to the left spotify sometimes is half displayed, like there are screen artifacts on the screen and it finally properly shows after 10+ minutes.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
GO TO CONTROL PANEL, go to system and security, click on system, click on advanced system settings a box will open, click on tab advanced, you can play around with visuals to decrease video usage, and look at memory usage etc.