Window C.E Clients vs Leolinx based clients

Yes, we have had a 2003 terminal server setup for about two weeks now... Everything works great and no problems at all.. Intially, we purchased Neoware thin clients running their native rdp client software and they work just great... even over a wide area network. Well we purchase the neoware boxes with Windows C.E. running the RDP client on it. I used this ce box in the home office on the lan and it worked flawlessly but when I went to one of my remote locations with the CE client, it would tend to disconnect and give an error message about there was a problem with the network and then disconnect. I have tried to put in static information like ip, gateways, I even put in a fixed network speed and I still get the message after about 5 minutes. The terminal server is not giving out any kind of error messages and the other users in the home office don't have any issues with the ce boxes there? Regardless, I put in the linux-based client in the remote location and they stay connected all the time. Has anyone every experience this issue. I have a full t-1 from end to end-Private Line. Not Frame connection. I have cisco routers on both ends and they are working correctly because there are not any other clients out there having any issue. Please advise. Thanks

I had a problem like this that went away when I flashed the ROM of the DSL Router SBC had provided. That being said if the connection works fine with one type of thin-client, but not the other I'd get on the horn with the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Have you tried a CE.Net thin-client from another manufacturer like Wyse, just to see if the problem is specific to the Neoware box?

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

Yeah, I contacted the MFG and they had nothing to say really except for the fact that if I wanted a flash upgrade, I had to pay for it even though we just got the thin client.. Go figure..

----- Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote: -----

I had a problem like this that went away when I flashed the ROM of the DSL Router SBC had provided. That being said if the connection works fine with one type of thin-client, but not the other I'd get on the horn with the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Have you tried a CE.Net thin-client from another manufacturer like Wyse, just to see if the problem is specific to the Neoware box?

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

I'd tell them they just lost a customer and send them their machine back. If ytou bought it less than 30 days ago you should be able to return it for a refund. I use Wyse terminals w/o any problems.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

Paul

Splendid

Hello Mr. Davis

I would be happy to send you a free 30 day demo of one of our CE.NET thin
Clients to see if your remote location was experiencing the issue with
another manufacturers CE device. Plus we don't charge for Firmware updates
:). Please let me know if you would like to try a device and I will work
with you to get one.

Cheers

Paul Tyler
VP Sales