Window Can't Boot further

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for helping my following issue.
My Mainboard is MSI P4MAM-V, Window XP Service Pack 3 OS with 1Gb RAM, a DIY system. At first, my system always reboot by itself in the middle of operation. Upon checking into event viewer, it said the origin is from harddisk failure. So I replaced my old hdd with new & clone the whole information from old hdd into new hdd.

After cloning & removing old drive, I successfully boot into Window. It proove that the cloning process is succsessful & I can operate the PC like before for few hours. But suddenly it again reboot by itself. At this point, I don’t think the old hdd is an issue. Upon re-booting into Window logo (running light), it hangs there for few minute. Seems the booting cannot proceed, I interrupt it by pressing reboot button. When again finish POST & process to Window booting, the screen asks me to choose what mode to start window.

Any of the available modes are failed to start window. Everytime when rebooting it will aske what mode to choose to start window. What ever mode I choose, it will automatically reboot & reboot without successful start the Window. However the BIOS can be started & edit. I did try to clear the CMOS but to no avail. Is it the BIOS corrupted? If so how can I restore back the BIOS? My systems don’t have the floppy drive. If had to make one, can it make it into thumb drive & boot from there? Please also teach me how to make the boot from USB for BIOS recovery/flash.

If not the corrrupted BIOS issue than what possible causes to preventing to start up Window?

Please help

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

Since cannot start window, how to performed scandisk?

I did try to reinstall the OS, the problem still persit after all scanning done & procees further.

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

After numerous testing include RAM, hdd also to have BIOS update to the newest version, the problem lie with RAM. Hdd is Ok but the RAM is defective & after replacement, it back to business again. Well guys, thks for the support & sharing the issued.