[SOLVED] Window not functioning correctly

itsanss

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Hey, guys....I'm at a loss.

Just built a new PC and am running Windows 10 Pro. I'm using three monitors at 5760x1080 resolution.

The problem I'm having is that one of my programs (Quicken Premier) will only run maximized....which displays across all three screens. I do NOT want that. I want it only on one screen. But, clicking the double square box by the red X, makes it completely disappear from the screens completely. It's as if I've clicked the minus sign and not the double square. Then after that happens, the ONLY way that it will reopen is if I hit shift+control+right click on the icon on the task bar. Clicking restore or maximize brings it back up, but again, across all three screens. No earthly idea what setting I've enabled to make it start doing this, but I need it fixed ASAP since the program is basically unusable displayed across all three screens and this program is used daily for both business and personal use.

Thanks!!!

Solution
When it's full screen, press and hold the windows key and then tap either the left or right arrow key. This will force it to fit the left or right half of you expanded display. After that you can drag the edges to the size you wish.

This is if Quicken supports window mode. I don't use it so don't know for sure.

popatim

Titan
When it's full screen, press and hold the windows key and then tap either the left or right arrow key. This will force it to fit the left or right half of you expanded display. After that you can drag the edges to the size you wish.

This is if Quicken supports window mode. I don't use it so don't know for sure.

Solution